Is Your Back Ready For Summer Fun?
Now that summer has arrived, it’s time for all the outdoor activities we look forward to all year. Time to dust off the bikes, kayaks, and hiking gear! For most of us, the summer is such a short period of time we don’t want to miss out on anything. However, back and joint pain can be a big deterrent to outdoor activities. If you are suffering from such an ailment, you know how much it can affect summer fun. It is time for you to get back to your old self and improve your back mobility for the Summer.
Not everyone is excited by the prospect of hiking, biking, and boating in the hot sun, either. Some like to take it easy on the beach or take leisurely strolls in the warm afternoon sun. Unfortunately, low mobility due to back and joint pain can affect these simple activities as well! Not being able to walk short distances, or not being able to sit and stand comfortably is a problem at any time of year, but nothing reminds you of it more than watching loved ones enjoy the summertime. Even if Summer isn’t something that motivates you to fix your pain, it is very important to understand why your back pain is occurring, you can look at the common causes here.
You Can Benefit From Minimally Invasive Surgery!
Now is the time to get your mobility back for the Summer! Minimally invasive surgery is a fantastic option to regain your vigor and start to enjoy the summer months. This procedure can be done in a day, and have you mobile in short order. The summer months do not last long, so take a look at the benefits below:
- Minimal Scarring: Minimally invasive surgery uses an endoscope and small needles for the procedure, which in turn, causes only small incisions. This results in little to no bleeding and scarring.
- Shorter Recovery Time: As there are less stress and trauma on the body during the procedure, the recovery time is very short. Most patients are usually able to return home on the same day.
- Less Pain: Not only is the procedure less painful than traditional surgery, but your daily pain is greatly reduced, and in some cases can disappear completely. Some patients feel immediate relief from pain, numbness, and weakness after the procedure.
- Fewer Complications: Unlike traditional surgery, there is a far lower risk of complications post surgery.
Is Minimally Invasive Surgery Right For You?
Many people are not aware that they could greatly benefit from minimally invasive surgery. Low mobility can cause a decrease in your activities. Back and joint pain will not only stop you from enjoying summer activities but can make you feel like there is no hope for ever enjoying them again! Don’t let your pain affect you, get your mobility back this summer
That does not have to be the case! If you are used to biking, boating, and hiking, but have been unable to do so because of back and joint pain; there is an answer! You no longer have to forgo your favorite summer activities! Patients have not only seen their day to day activity level increase, but they have been able to pick up their golf clubs and hiking shoes again!
There are many ailments that can be alleviated with minimally invasive surgery. We have outlined the most common problems below:
- Cervical, lumbar, and thoracic stenosis
- Nerve Damage and compression
- Spinal Cord Compression
Please do not be discouraged if you are dealing with another issue. Contact us for a free MRI review to see if minimally invasive surgery is right for you!
Come See Us At The Spine Institute Northwest!
At the Spine Institute Northwest, we want to help make you more mobile this summer! Conveniently located in the Seattle area, our team of dedicated surgeons is available to guide you to a more mobile life!
Contact us today at (425) 486-1000, or visit our site to set an appointment for a free MRI review. We offer the total care package that allows us to make a personalized plan to make you ready for summer activities!
Don’t sit on the sidelines this summer! Call the Spine Institute Northwest today!