The University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine, Division of Pain Medicine, has enlarged the scope of the training offered to its physician fellows by forming a strategic partnership with Spine Institute Northwest for individuals seeking to deepen their clinical training.
Focusing on minimally invasive treatments, the Spine Institute Northwest provides hands-on experience in clinical and surgical settings for the leading technological advances of the spine care techniques. UW Pain services at the Spine Institute Northwest include:
- Outpatient acute pain consultation and treatment
- Comprehensive assessment of pain risks due to injury, surgery, or trauma
- Prevention of pain through conservative management that target long term relief, including patient education and lifestyle changes
- Highest quality treatment for pain in an ambulatory care setting
- Minimally invasive spine surgical techniques
The goals of the fellows training program at the Spine Institute NW are to educate resident physicians in the knowledge, skills, and professional attitudes required for clinical excellence; to inspire a sense of inquiry and life-long learning into our trainees; and to develop the leaders in anesthesiology, pain medicine, and healthcare we need in the 21st century.