Your team can’t win the game without players in every position. Each might have a unique set of skills and a different function within the game, but all of the players on the team have the same goal. At the Spine Institute Northwest, that’s the approach we take to healthcare. Our specialists work as a team, bringing together their distinctive areas of expertise and experience to treat you not just as a patient but as a whole person.
The Sports Medicine Clinic at the Spine Institute Northwest complements our focus on understanding and treating pain. With emphases on preventative care, and proper rehabilitation, our sports medicine practitioners don’t just help you overcome an existing injury — we also want to help you understand how you can avoid re-injury and stay healthy on and off the field. And when chronic back pain is a symptom of an injury or illness to another part of the body, our multiple specialists coordinate to provide care that treats both the symptom and the source of the pain.
How We Can Help
The Sports Medicine Clinic at the Spine Institute Northwest can diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries throughout the body. We address medical issues from head to toe, including:
- Head: Concussion
- Neck: Cervical spine pain, herniated discs
- Shoulders: Bursitis, tendonitis, labral tears, overhead throwers
- Back: Injured discs, pulled muscles, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, weakness, nerve pain
- Arms, Elbows, Wrists, and Hands: Carpal Tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis), bursitis, fractures
- Hips: Labral tears, dysplasia, bursitis, arthritis, impingement
- Knees: Meniscus tears, patellar tendonitis, runner’s knee, patellofemoral syndrome, arthritis, bursitis, and ACL, PCL, and LCL injuries
- Feet and Ankles: Sprains, fractures, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis
We offer many innovative treatment options in the field of sports medicine, including regenerative therapies like platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, as well as therapeutic injections, and other minimally invasive procedures.